Bone broth is all the rage these days, with bloggers and news outlets extolling the health benefits of bone broth. While it's delicious on its own, we think it's also the perfect base for weeknight dinners as we transition into fall. This recipe includes chicken, fresh avocado, and hearty rice and quinoa to keep you feeling fit and full.
Easy Bone Broth Bowl Recipe
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup quinoa & brown rice
- 1 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes,sliced
- 3 Tbsp red onion,diced
- 1/4 cup Microgreens
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Add bone broth to a medium pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stir in rice and quinoa, cover with a lid, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until rice is fluffy and fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. While rice cooks, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Coat chicken breast in avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Grill for 6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken from grill and let sit 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
3. Create bone broth bowl: add cooked wild rice, sliced grilled chicken, romaine, cherry tomatoes, microgreens, and avocado. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.